This is something I look forward to enormously. The only time I've seen these two teams playing against each other was in the final of the ICC Champions Trophy, which posed a really anticlimactic experience to me as I was supporting Oz but felt dead sorry for the horribly injury-plagued Kiwis, who had limped through the tournament on a quarter of the leg.
But now things should look brighter, if NZ are able to have a dig in the treasure chest and pick the best players available; I really hope to see them at full strength. Just like Australia they managed to pull a speedy McKay out of the hat, and Dan already compared him to The Bond (ahem. *cough cough*).
I expect to see a lot of familiar faces back and hopefully Bond will play in the short formats and manage not to kill himself in the first match. So here is a list of things I want to see from the Kiwis:
- Bond, vertical, breathing without help
- Southee taking five. Several times.
- Tuffey ditto
- Mills taking five, losing it, getting fined. Oh well he's probably still recovering.
- Taylor scoring double, triple and quadruple centuries
- Vettori centuries
- Vettori Poisonhands
- Vettori sets aggressive fields
- McCullum centuries
- McCullum totally ripping behind the stumps
- Seventoes Guptill scoring runs
- Seventoes Guptill taking wickets
- Seventoes Guptill getting selected
- Capable top order - no more Iqbals
- No rain
- Good weather
- Cricket weather
- No D/L
- No crappy rock music